Saturday, October 27, 2007

Him A Ha Na, Him A Him A Ha Na...

Yesterday was the best day ever...at least in awhile...

5:30am
I wake up hating that I am waking up from 6 hours of sleep to get ready to go to school.

6:30am
I leave from home just before the power went out and since I am on my bike I don't have a radio to tell me any kind of news but I figured it out when I saw Arlington and Sunny Vale's light go out and every light after that on my way to CBU.

6:50am
I arrive at school to my whole class with Professor outside of our class in darkness. So I start to pray that class is canceled

7:30am
Class is canceled. Everyone leaves and is happy. I stay back to talk to my professor along with my roommate Sara just because my prof is cool.

7:35am

Lights and Power come back on...HA...the look on my teachers face was classic. It was like, "You've got to be kidding!"

9:00am I am home now so excited about going back to sleep...so I did!!


12:30pm
Holly wakes me up because everything at CBU shut down so she got sent home at 10am and now we are going to go to Oak Glenn with Sara and her BF Curtis and then we are going to a pumpkin patch to get pumpkins to carve...I've never been to a real pumpkin patch.

The rest of the day is a blur...it was sooo much fun eating good food with great people and just making a very spontaneous day out of what seemed like a gift from God. The pumpkin patch turned me into a big kid looking intently at "The One". When I finally found "The One" I started to sing "The Circle Of Life" as I lifted my pumpkin over my head to the sky like a little Simba!!!
Then Holly found one...I sang for that pumpkin, Curtis found one....I sang again... him a ha na, him a him a ha na, it's the circle of life... Seriously I am a dork but every time someone picked up an orange pumpkin from the ground all I could see was Simba!!!

When we got home I looked up a pumpkin stencil because this is the year I go all out with carving.

Captin' Hook...I choose Captin' Hook to carve. Not only was I mentally prepared for the event but I came with tools that no man should be without while carving...I used a Dremel. If you don't know what a Dremel is, think of it as a mini drill with hundreds of little tools to do little things. My pumpkin is sick. It is the best pumpkin I have ever done...EVER!!!

It was just an amazing day hanging with my wife, and my family Sara and Curtis. Everyone needs a day in spontaneity.

5 comments:

ian said...

off topic, but .. your font is WAY too small! someone had to say it...

Anonymous said...

Dude the pumpkin is sick! and I love those kinda days as well, I partially had one today, no work! and I got to serve along side middle schooler's and my other bro had a baby today, amazing what God can do! I am soooo happy to hear you and Holly had a peaceful day.

escamillaweddings said...

boooo
i had to work all day friday - my department stops for nothing!

glad you guys got a fun day!!!

jess mac said...

Holly's belly is so cute. I miss you guys. Truly.

Annie said...

I love days like that! We all need more of them. I loved being able to see you and your girl this weekend. She looks hot pregnant.