Friday, January 11, 2008

Toxicity

Well my wife has done it now...she has slowly and painfully but shirley (he he) changed me over to the dark side. She has made me concerned with the products I'm using...aaaaahhhhhh! No really, it is a great thing. I have never been one to use a ton of man made stuff on my body except for soap and shampoo and toothpaste and contact solution and shave gel and mouth wash and acne stuff and...well you get the point. If you have a brain and can critically think straight; does it really make sense to put man made stuff on your person? Does it? Out of the thousands upon thousands of ingredients that are used everyday for our care products do you actually think they check every single reaction and co-reaction of these products. No, they don't have the money or man power to check them. But this website that a friend of mine found is a great site to see which products you are using are safe, moderate, or dangerous.

There are two ratings that the website gives. One tells you how dangerous the product is. The second tells you what percentage of the ingredients used in the product have been tested for carcinogenic effects. If you click on this link you can get an idea of a product that I use in my hair: Garnier Fructis Hair Stuff. It is real eye opener and to me, it just makes sense to switch to something that is healthier.

Skin Deep is the name of the Website


No comments: