Monday, February 11, 2008

What's The Latest

Ok so here is the latest as to what is going on in my life. Sorry for the extreme lack of blogs. I really have a ton to blog about but no drive to blog about it lately:

- No FREAKN baby yet...grrr. Seriously, how much more does the baby need to bake in the oven...seriously!
- Lakers on doing great so that makes me happy
- School is amazing. I would never have thought that I would like Mental Health but I do. I could never work mental health but 1 in 4 people in our culture have a mental health issue, so...I need to know how to handle their health issues. I know some of you are like, "No way can it be 1 in 4," but it can. Do not think too drastic when it comes to mental health. Don't stereotype it Hallucinations and Delusions. Anxiety is the #1 Mental Health issue. Makes sense since we live in a ridiculously fast society (I know you get sick of hearing that, but until it changes...it is wicked fast). My teacher this semester is from Scotland (yes he sounds like the father from So I Married An Axe Murder. If you don't know that movie...wow). He is a great guy, super smart, and since he has two doctorates, one in Nursing and one in Forensic Psychology, you get the feeling like everything you do lets him into your personality. It feels like he knows me but I haven't told him anything about my life.
My clinicals are as Patton State Hospital. You have to have committed a felony in order to stay a Patton; that means bad stuff. Even though they have done really, really bad stuff all I can keep thinking about is that they were created in God's image and just like them, I to can cause God heart ache. So they are no different than me.

So that is the latest in my life. I promise I will try to blog more. I think I have just been paralyzed by the amount of stuff going on and I just don't know where to start. It isn't the big stuff, just the everyday normal stuff that I seem to be paying attention to more these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear about what's going in your life lately, I miss you guys down there.

Love,
Lil bro