Thursday, November 15, 2007

One Of The Hardest Nights...


10 years ago I started going to the college group at Victoria Community Church. Brian James Park was the college pastor at the time and my life with Christ truly took off at this time. 9 years ago I started leading music at the college group because Brian thought and knew that I had the talent to do so. If it wasn't for Brian's confidence in me to lead I would never have done it. 8 years ago a man named Mickey Thexton, who went to the college group, came up to me and told me that the youth pastor of VCC was looking for someone to come on staff and do music because he is a pansy that couldn't do both at the same time...ok I added that last part. Mickey said that I would have an interview with a guy named Adam McIntyre if I was interested. So I said sure I'll help out the pansy. My interview with Adam was at Riverside Brewing Company, I had a double bacon cheese burger and Adam had a Bar-B-Q Chicken Pizza. He hired me after one look into my Puerto Rican eyes. I was hired on January 26 of 2000. I have never looked back. Working with Trav Osborne, Sam Boone, Adam Mac, Dan Lance, Aaron Foor, Bill Risinger; working with this family has been the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. I am so so sad.

After 8 years with theOverflow and The Grove I told theOverflow last night that as of Dec. 12th I will no longer be their "Worship" Pastor. I will be leaving theOverflow in full and not return. If I stuck around it would not be fair to the next person who takes this position. I will still be at The Grove but I will not be with theOverflow at this time. This is a hard decision but Sam and I are together on this. I don't hate Sam or theOverflow. This decision is based on my current schedule and life.

My nursing school has taken over my most sacred of days...Wednesdays. When I first started I was safe and nursing did not dare encroach on MY day. However, this last semester, and I just found out that next semester, I have had and will have class and clinicals on Wednesday. I knew this day will come but now that it is here...wow...

It was so hard to figure out how to start and tell the students last night. I still can't believe I told them. It is a surreal feeling. But...but... I can't wait to see what God will have for me. I am so excited to look forward and wait patiently on the Lord.


6 comments:

Annie said...

i had no idea I married a pansy. Love you bro, the same pansy could use your help up here too...

Anonymous said...

Love you bro...now go treat hurting people around the world!

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

maturity showing through. you've touched so many - including my kids. I'm excited to see your growth and how God uses you in this phase of life!

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo-
I am praying for you as you grieve this loss and as you "faith it" towards the future. Sure miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

we'll miss you <3

jess mac said...

Good decision. Good decision.