Friday, April 4, 2008

HARD!!!

You know what makes it hard to blog...life!!! I have had so much of it for the last 6 weeks. I want to post all of these pictures of Audrey but I don't find the time. why you ask...well. School is winding down so it gets harder which in turn means more work for me to do. I am also creating a class for 3 different semesters in our Nursing program. it will be a review group, class, thingie that does not go directly through CBU. It is taking more work than I thought but it will be worth it...i don't want to kill anyone when I am practicing (by the way...why do we use the term practicing when we are talking about someones life).
Second, and the biggest...AUDREY. I love her so much. She has taught me so much about God and our relation with and to and for Him and mostly about others. She requires so much work and devotion but I love to give it to her.
Third, and the hardest...Holly. I love her, and I know she loves me, but it has been really hard to just be with her and love on her like I used to. As much as I love Audrey, I love Holly more, and I miss my best friend. I'm sure as time goes on we will get better and more consistent as parents but for now...I miss my Mero Chini O (that is Nepalie for Sugar Lips)

Here is a list of what I have been doing though...
  1. Hanging with Damien & Jenn O'Farrel and Mark & Erin Phillips. Some good ole friends with like minds about the kingdom of God. They have become family and aunts and uncles to Audrey
  2. Going to Seminars about Every Thing Must Change. Brian McClaren wrote this book and he held a tour about the book. Holly, Audrey, and I got to go to San Diego for Saturdays seminar. it was good to just be around like minded people that see Christianity for more than just punching a ticket to heaven (the ticket idea might not get one far).
  3. Working out again. I took 3 weeks off when Audrey came. It was the best thing for my body. Sometimes you can build bad workout habits and you need a break. When you go back you pretty much have to start over (somewhat) and you get to correct the old habits...find some Christian meaning in that, it's there, I know it is.
  4. Reading. I haven't been reading to much, but what I have is changing my life. Our Rabbi Risinger has read, or is reading the same volume set that I have picked up from N.T, Wright. This is not an easy read. I am also reading some books from Brad Young called The Parables and Paul: The Jewish Theologian. Not easy as well...I tend to like dry, hard, intelligent reads. Inspirational reads bore me...I don't know why? Maybe I don't need inspiration, I'm amped enough as it is
  5. I am playing music. I have been leading music for First Baptist Church in Riverside for the last 1 1/2 months. They had a need and I filled it. I committed for 4 months and then I will re-evaluate after that. I know that I am not interested in being the "worship guy" but it has been great to teach this small family what I have learned about what "worship" is and IS NOT!!! The teaching has been subversive. It makes me feel like a double agent...he he
So my friends...that is what has been going on in my life...in a nut shell...oh yeah I forgot to mention. Awhile back I told everyone that I made a bet with a one Joshua W. Solorio as to when Audrey would enter into this world. I called him stupid for making the bet with me thinking that Audrey was for sure coming early. Well, she did not. So:

Josh, I humbly apologize, publicly stating that you were right...and I was wrong. I know that this is not the first time, and I am sure this won't be the last time. I am sorry for calling you stupid. I regret any undue harm this might have caused you and your family. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you bro, it's good to hear what has been going on in your life!

Hope to see you guys in the near future!

Micah

Joanna said...

Hey Mike its Joanna "Monroe" Jon's sis. It's great to see that you had your first baby! I saw the post where you mentioned you missing your wife- don't worry she will come back to you. I've had 3 babies now, and the first few months are especially difficult to give any attention to anyone but the baby. Give Holly some time and just continue to support, and that will be the best turn on ever. Good Luck!!!

Annie said...

So good to hear from you, and yay for getting out on an excursion to San Diego for connecting with other people and hanging with the O'Farrells and the Phillips. You're doing much more together than most parents of newborns! Hang in there, it gets better and better every month. I hope school flies by for you these next few weeks and that we can see you in May. I'm going to work on it w/ the mi madre when I get home!