Friday, July 25, 2008

Back From The Dead!!!

That's right...I'm blogging. I'm giving you a post to satisfy your urge for my Puerto Rican Slant on things...just kidding. I figured I should blog something since I have one.

Today Jess Mac came over with the girls to go swimming in my new pool at my new home. That's right...I moved from Orange Crest to Canyon Crest...5 mins away. Holly and I live in the Canyon Creek apartments. Anyways it was just me and Audrey...holly wasn't even home. Jess didn't have to come over but she did and that meant a lot to 
me. Why you ask???

Ok so I have been Mr. Mom for the last two mont
hs. it has been such a blessing and privilege to do so. Whenever I tell guys or gals for that matter, they all say, "oh you are so lucky as a dad!!" I guess I am, I am just doing what we as parents have to do. Now what I am about to say my make some people mad but to me it is reality...being a parent is not that hard! Babies, kids, adults, the cosmos...it all has some sort of rhythm. If you find the rhythm then it becomes predictable and simplified. There is to say that bit of unpredictability but again if you are in tune with the rhythm then it is easy to sense the unpredictable and roll with the punches. What is not hard as a stay-at-home parent is the lack of Adult interaction. God created to need people and even though my little Audrey is a person, I can only repeat certain words so many times before I crack. I put on DVDs just so I can have some adult interaction; which I don't really watch...it is just for the adult sentences coming from my iMac. Especially for me (Super Extravert), I need 
people. So you see...for Jess to come over, without her good friend, my wife Holly there and just hang wit
h Mr. Mom meant a whole lot. For all of those stay at home mommies out there I can empathize and fully understand that it isn't the kids but the lack of common adult interaction that can drive you nuts...

So there is that...and some pictures of Audrey!!

1 comment:

TheEpicBeat said...

You're a great dad. Glad that my fam made you feel a little better. Let's take the kiddies to the park soon.