Saturday, August 2, 2008

Random Fixings

To make my blogs more interesting to me I am making a segment to my blog called Random Fixings. It's like all the fixings you would have at Thanksgiving but Random...and none of the fixings you would get at Thanksgiving. Besides my blogs about God from time to time, you will get to see what goes on in my head...and it IS random!!

- Audrey has her first tooth (Aug. 1st). I'm so exited for that little bit of enameled laced bone. Not excited about the new sleeping pattern that Audrey has picked up. She used to sleep through the night and wake once at 5am after going to sleep at 9-10pm. Now she wakes at 1am, 3am, 5am, then it is random...from 8-9am...what the heck...maybe it is the teething. Another theory is her weight/height to age ratio. The chunkier the little bugger, the more they sleep.

- I went to a my final wedding of the summer today in Rancho Santa Margarita. I have never felt so brown and poor in my life. The only hispanic I saw was the kid giving me my double whopper through the drive-thru window. Not only that but it took $10 round trip on the 241 Toll Road to go to this wedding. It is if the design of the Toll Road is trying to keep certain people out. Oh, Oh...certain exits make you pay a toll just to get off.

- Where DID bros come from in the Inland Empire? If I were an Anthropologist and I was trying to get my masters and I had to do a Thesis on a certain people group, I would choose Bros. I think I would start from the origin of the Bro (everyone likes an origin story) and work my way to the present. You would have to do a whole segment on the Lifted Truck and the Bro Ho! And then you would have to get the controlled idea from somewhere like Ohio. Somewhere where there aren't any Bros to introduce them to the Bro lifestyle and see what they think of Bros. I just think it is fascinating that the Bro is mostly Inland Empire based and no where else...thank the Lord!!! Are there other subcultures in the United States that we on the west coast are not aware of???

No comments: