Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School's For Fools...

I don't live by that at all...that is just homage to my friend Josh.

My friends, after a long 4 months of summer vacation, after a long 5 years of being shaped and molded by God into making this rash decision to not become a pastor and become a nurse, I am now staring at the finish line. I can see my goal in sight. Starting tomorrow (or today, whenever you are reading this) I will be in my last year of my BSN program at California Baptist University. You have no idea how overwhelmed I am by the perspective of my graduating.

To me this ranks up there with the whole, "will I ever get married" thinking. I was on one road in my life to be a licensed pastor, going to school at CBU for a Christian Theology degree with complete financial help from my home church The Grove. Then God changed my heart and pointed me towards nursing. I never thought I would get to where I am at right now because of money, time, and not being able to get into a college...the odds were against me.

I had no money to go to college...God provided in so many ways. One major way was through the O'Neils and my wife. I made the time. Here is the kicker...most nursing prospectives apply to multiple colleges and university to hopefully get in...CBU was the only place I applied...I put all of my eggs in one basket praying that if this is what God wants me to do then I will do it but He would have to get me in to CBU. Here I am 4 years later at the end of this journey...God is amazing!

To all of those people that have prayed for me and understood why I was doing this instead of becoming a licensed pastor; and to all of those same people who have supported me through prayer and encouragement; to the O'Neils for taking care of a new couple with no money to chase after what God has set in motion; to my wife that has stood by me and drudged through the unbelievable amount of hours I put into studying and not spending time with her; to those who don't quite understand how I could leave the gift that God has given me and turn to what God has called me to be...this year is for you!!!

No comments: