Friday, July 31, 2009

Days 1, 2, 3 @ Loma Linda

So my days at Loma Linda are AWESOME!!! I haven't taken care of any patients yet but I have had so much opportunity for experience it isn't funny! I have been able to just float around the unit and help other nurses with their patients. It has allowed me to see how the unit runs AND it allows me to meet and greet the other nurses on the unit. That is the fun part. The day shift on this unit (Trauma/Surgical/Neurosurgical) is CRAZY...so much is going on from doctors rounding to doctors rounding with their little fledgling doctors gleaning all they can from their superiors, to other doctors making their rounds. It's nuts :-/

Next week I am doing all of my General Orientation like how Loma Linda works, Nursing orientation, and computer charting. Then after that I will be doing my preceptorship with an old friend of mine and former College Pastor's Wife D'Ann Park!!! that is going to be fun!!

I will tell you more crazy stories as they come in...
oh and Holly and Audrey are doing great...and baby number two is doing just fine as well...
Peace

No comments: