Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Anthropological Lesson

I am studying for my final in Anthro today and unlike my nursing classes, I half-heartedly pay attention in this class. It is interesting but my class is from 2-4:30...of Anthro...you get my drift. Anyways this is from my book...soooo interesting:

About Hunger
1. Ironically while many millions of people in some parts of the world are starving, many millions of others are overeating - quite literally eating themselves to death. In fact, the number of overfed people now exceeds those who are underfed. According to the World Watch Institute in Washington, D.C., more than 1.1 billion people world wide are now overweight. And 300 million of these are obese (but still malnourished in that their diets lack certain nutrients). 

In light of the food shortage, I would venture to say that this could be part of it. Interesting though, right?

1: Cultural Anthropology: The Human Challenge 12 edition by William A. Haviland et al.

No comments: