Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why I Watch!!

There are many reasons why I am watching the Olympics. I just love sports; the weird ones that only come around every 4 years. Or maybe it is to see the US medal count rise higher and higher only to find myself feeling bad that we send 700+ athletes to the games and 80% of the countries that attend the Olympics have NEVER won a medal. Maybe I love to watch the underdog, the country with 3 or 4 athletes possibly get a medal like in Kayak this year. Cant forget the Dream Team or Redeem Team as it is called this year. This year I have fallen in love with Skeet, Trap, and Fencing. Fast twitch, don't blink or you will lose sports. Of course I am so glad to have seen and witnessed Michael (great name) Phelps become the greatest Olympian of all time...what the heck. But for me, the moment that I feel has eclipsed all the previously mentioned moments is the one that you all have to watch for yourselves. I don't cry much in movies or touching moments but for some reason this one almost had me.

The celebration, the moment, the medal ceremony...wow...to me this is what the Olympics are all about!

Please click this link and watch and cry!!!

1 comment:

escamillaweddings said...

no fair.
that link and all its videos are restricted to only the united states. LAME.

going to look for it elsewhere...